Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Friday, April 13, 2018

Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Orzo

Once again a delicious pasta meal. This one has chicken, but you could make some adjustments for a vegetarian dish by leaving out the chicken and upping the veggies, perhaps add some squash or green beans. This recipe helped me use up more of my lemons and is a one pot meal. One pot meals are my favorite. Less to clean up. It is enough for two and can easily be doubled. Adapted from a recipe by Ellie Krieger. 



Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Orzo

1 1/2 T olive oil
2 small skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup dried orzo pasta, whole grain
3/4 t chopped fresh rosemary
1 t Better than Bouillon
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 heaping cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
black pepper to taste

Heat oil in a deep pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add more oil to the pan and cook the garlic for about 30 seconds. Add the orzo and rosemary and toast lightly, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and cook covered until orzo is nearly cooked, about 8 minutes. Add the peas, chicken, juices, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook until peas, tomatoes and chicken are cooked through. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment