Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Monday, March 23, 2020

Asparagus Pasta

Asparagus is in season. Yay! Here is a lovely and quick way to serve it. If you use the same pot for everything - only one pot to clean. It comes together quickly, the fussiest thing you'll do is chop asparagus and grate lemon zest. This was a great way to use up some of my CSA produce. We are still eating well while sheltering in place. I know you'll love it, hubby certainly did. Usually he only likes red sauce pasta so this was a coup for me.

Asparagus Pasta
asparagus spears, as little or as much as you like, I used a full bunch
3/4 pound dried fettuccine or other flat pasta
2 T butter plus 1 t olive oil
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 T lemon zest, grated or minced
⅛ t nutmeg
2 T finely chopped fresh parsley or other fresh herbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
pepper and salt to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.


Cut off tough ends of asparagus spears. Cut each on the bias into 1-inch lengths. There should be about 1 1/2 to 2 cups.

Drop the fettuccine into salted boiling water. Cook to desired degree of doneness about 9 to 10 minutes. Two minutes before end of cooking time, add asparagus. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water and stir in the ricotta cheese until smooth. Drain the pasta and asparagus.

Melt butter and oil. Add the asparagus pieces and the fettuccine. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the reserved cooking water plus ricotta and herbs. Toss to blend. Serve immediately with plenty of Parmesan cheese on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment