Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Off to Baltimore and Roasted Celery Root

Tomorrow we are flying to Baltimore. I am going to the NDRN Annual Conference http://www.ndrn.org/index.htm. I am currently the president of NDRN's Board of Directors and have been for nearly 2 years. I go off as president in May - terms only last 2 years.

As the president I get to attend the Annual Conference and do things like introduce speakers and speak at some of the sessions. I enjoy doing this sort of stuff as I think I like being on stage. I've thought now and again that I'd like to be an actor. I even took a class once a long time ago and when I was involved in dance with Axis Dance Company's community classes (http://www.axisdance.org/) - I really had a blast performing. Once they had a class that combined dance and theater - I loved it.

However, working, being pooped a lot and moving all the time has not left me much time to explore this. And right now I am engrossed in photography. Here is one I caught on the Capitol grounds of mounted police - mounted on horses and bikes. The one police officer was dismounting just as a I shot the photo. This week I had to turn in an action photo - I ended up using one of a skateboarder I took while in Napa - see blog below - and one of Cobble chasing a Frisbee. But I may have been able to use this one as well - just had not taken it yet. Next I am to do an indoor photo - without a flash - I've been practicing! Hopefully in Baltimore - I'll get many opportunities for indoor photos.

For dinner today I plan to cook my celery root. I like roasted vegetables very much so plan to cook it that way. Here is the recipe I plan to use - it is adapted from http://www.everydayhealth.com/.

By the way I did a bit of urban foraging to get the rosemary. While on my way to Bernardo's I saw a rosemary plant on the corner and pinched off a few small branches for the recipe. Craig wants me to wash them off real good - probably a good idea as who knows .... I'll serve the vegetables with sauteed spinach and salmon for me and steak for Craig. Should be good - I'll let you know.

Rosemary Roasted Celery Root

2 pounds celery root, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 T olive oil
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
2 t fresh rosemary

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine the celery root, olive oil, salt, pepper and toss until coated. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Spoon the mixture on the pan. Bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours until the root is crisp tender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment