Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Monday, March 9, 2009

Chili Relleno Bake

Today I made a baked chili relleno recipe. Adapted it from a recipe at cooks.com. Craig likes it because it has cheese, eggs and green chilies. We had a spinach salad and tortillas with it. It is really easy and tasty. Here is the recipe.

Chili Rellenos Bake

2 cans (4 oz.) whole green chilies
12 oz. casero queso fresco, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
3 T flour
1 cup milk

Oil a 9 inch baking dish. I use my 2 quart pyrex dish for it. Cut chilies into strips and lay 1/2 on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the cheese over the chilies. Put the rest of the chilies on top of the cheese. Combine the milk, flour and eggs. Pour over the chilies and cheese.

Bake 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until set. Serve with salsa. Enough for 6 people, if you have other stuff to eat! Left overs are good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment