Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Friday, December 20, 2019

Sheet-Pan Sausage with Peppers

A quick dinner using only one pan. Just the kind of meal I like. We don't eat much meat or sausage, but my hubby loves both so every couple months I treat him to something like this. This recipe serves 2 so scale it up for more people. I serve it with rice. It would go nicely with pasta or just a couple slices of a hearty bread. Use mini peppers and you just have to slice them in half. Recipe is adapted from one in the New York Times.


Sheet-Pan Sausage with Peppers

1/2 lb. fresh sweet Italian sausage (other sausages work well)
1/2 lb. sweet mini peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise (other peppers work if that is all you have, just cut them about an inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long)
1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes
1 shallot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch wedges (can substitute a small onion)
1 T olive oil (may need a bit more)
salt & pepper

Heat broiler with rack 6 inches from the heat. Cut sausages in half and score them-- don't cut through. Toss all ingredients with oil, salt and pepper. Evenly spread the mixture in shallow pan, such as a sheet pan.

Broil until everything is cooked and peppers and tomatoes are charred, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cover with foil if charring too quickly. If you use precooked sausage, cook the veggies for about 5 to 8 minutes and then add the sausages. This way they will not dry out too much. Serve with rice and a nice mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment