Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Friday, August 16, 2019

Funky Fun Pizza

Got my inspiration for this pizza from Slivers in Berkeley. I really enjoy making pizza with non-traditional toppings. It gives me a creative outlet. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. This one worked! It has corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes and grapes. And lime. I hope you give it a try or perhaps it will help inspire you in a new pizza direction. This pizza is vegetarian. To make it vegan, use vegan cheese.


Funky Fun Pizza

This pizza was a small size - 8 1/2 inch. Increase amounts for larger size pizzas or just because you want to.

10 grape tomatoes, halved
5 red/green seedless grapes, halved
1 to 2 T very thin slivered red onion
1 to 2 T very thin slivered red/yellow pepper
2 T uncooked sweet corn freshly cut off the ear
4 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded or finely chopped aged Gruyere cheese
6 basil leaves, one of which is shredded

1/4 lime
salt and pepper
1 pizza crustParmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and sliced limes for serving

Heat oven to 425 to 450 degrees, depending on the crust you use. Lay the basil leaves on the crust. Place the slices of mozzarella cheese evenly around the crust. Sprinkle the Gruyere cheese over the mozzarella filling in the holes. Arrange the onions and peppers over the cheese. Sprinkle the corn over the onion and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes and grapes next. Freshly grind black pepper on it. Salt to taste, I used about a 1/2 teaspoon. Squeeze lime over all and bake. Mine took about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Follow instructions for your pizza crust.  Sprinkle shredded basil over top after removing from the oven. Let sit a few minutes to cool and allow juices to absorb. Serve with crushed red pepper, Parmesan cheese and limes.

No comments:

Post a Comment