Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Friday, November 9, 2018

Baked Bananas with Chocolate

Fall is here. Time for sweet desserts containing chocolate. I really like bananas when they are on the green side. When they are all yellow with little brown spots, I try to find things to do with them that don't involve eating them plain. Here is a nice little recipe for bananas and chocolate. It comes together fast, cooks fast and tastes really good even though its not the prettiest dessert. Give it a try next time you have a couple ripe bananas.







Baked Bananas with Chocolate

2 bananas, peeled and sliced thinly
2 ounces of semisweet mini-chocolate chips (can substitute finely chopped bittersweet chocolate)
1/4 cup half and half
sprinkle of cinnamon
dash of salt
1 T dried cranberries

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

Divide all ingredients between two - one cup ramekins or a two cup baking dish. Layer bananas, then chocolate, cranberries, cinnamon, salt and repeat. End with chocolate only on top. Pour half and half over top. Bake 10 minutes for small ramekins and 20 minutes for two cup baking dish. Photo of two cup baking dish.

Let cool a few minutes and eat as is or add whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment