Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Friday, August 24, 2018

Pizza


Here are two pizza recipes I've tried recently. The tomato one is definitely a keeper, I've been looking for excuses to make it more often than I ought to. Isn't it gorgeous? The BarBQ one is delish and a nice change from all the cheese often found on pizza. I usually keep the cheese to a minimum on my pizza anyway as I just find it too oily, clumpy and a coverup for a not so good pizza. I use a cornmeal crust from Nugget grocery store, I don't make my own crust. Use what works for you. Both recipes are vegetarian and the cauliflower one can be vegan.



Tomato Pizza

fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
about 2 large tomatoes, sliced and salted (about a teaspoon of salt) with a minced garlic clove and left to marinade at room temperature for 1/2 hour to an hour
olive oil
1 to 2 T chopped fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives

Pre-heat oven to 425.

Add the toppings to crust starting with a thin layer of cheese, then the tomatoes (shake off the liquid or even pat them dry to minimize the amount of salt). Salting the tomatoes gets rid of some of the juice so your pizza is not too soupy. Brush a little olive oil on the crust. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and tomatoes have slightly browned. Remove from the oven. Drizzle with olive oil, fresh herbs, season with pepper, slice and serve.

Adapted from a recipe by Justin McChesney-Wachs | Salt Pepper Skillet.




Bar-B-Q Cauliflower Pizza

1/2 head cauliflower cut in bite sized pieces
2 T vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 t garlic powder
1 T sriracha
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup Bulls Eye original BBQ sauce
1 onion slivered
ranch dressing (use vegan ranch for a vegan pizza)
cilantro

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine cauliflower, vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, sriracha, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread cauliflower on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, stir partway through. When cooked put the cauliflower back in the bowl. Add BBQ sauce and stir.

Saute the onion while the cauliflower is cooking. Once it is soft and slightly browned, remove from the heat.

Top crust with BBQ cauliflower. Add onions on top of cauliflower. Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and top with ranch dress and cilantro.


Adapted from a recipe at The Savory Vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment