Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lemon Pasta


I have too many lemons this time of year. I think I've mentioned this before. I spend time searching and testing lemon recipes. This one turned out very good. The flavor is bright and it feels creamy in the mouth. If you use oil instead of butter, vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and a vegan cheese, it can be vegan. This is an example of simple delicious food that I easily can make. I think I adapted it from something I found in the Raley's Magazine. I sprinkled it with some of my left over lemon bread crumbs.


Lemon Pasta

1/4 lb. spaghetti style pasta, thin or thick, you choose
1/2 cup chicken stock (I often use Better than Bullion, as it is easier to use than opening cans and then storing left overs, you get the picture.)
1/3 cup white wine (I have used rose, but never tried red. I think it would be too robust and turn the dish an unpleasant color, but give it a try and let me know.)
2 T lemon juice
1 T lemon zest
1 T butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T Parmesan or similar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 T fresh basil or other fresh herb, maybe rosemary

Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente; drain. Put it back in the pan and add the stock, wine, lemon juice and zest, butter and garlic. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes or until excess liquid has cooked off. You want the liquid to look a bit thickened and creamy. Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper and basil. My husband and I totally devoured this - it was that good. You gotta like lemon though.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I think I'll try it tonight. Thanks, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete