Welcome to Margie's Musings

Welcome to my BLOG! I write about whatever I want, mostly food and random stories I'm trying to write. I hope you enjoy it. In loving kindness....

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Uncle Tony's Chard Di Bona

I love pasta and greens. A great way in my opinion to eat greens of any sort. I adapted the following recipe from one I found a number of years ago in the San Diego Reader for making chard and pasta.


Chard and Orecchiette
½ Onion, Finely Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
½ Cup Olive Oil
1 lb. Swiss Chard, Stems Removed, Leaves Chopped
Red Pepper
Parmigiano Cheese
Cooked Orecchiette (could use another flattish pasta, maybe bow ties)

Sauté onion over medium-low heat in olive oil until onion is translucent, then add garlic for a few minutes (do not let garlic get brown or it will be bitter). Add chopped chard and cook until softened. Add the pasta to the pan, stir and heat until warm. 
Season to taste with crushed red pepper and grated parmigiano cheese. All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment